Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rites of passaging

T-minus 97 minutes, waiting for the miralax to bolus. I had a dream last night, like the Estee Lauder commercial, a beautiful swimming pool with shimmering blue water and I was suppose to drink the whole thing. And now I have accomplished this and wait the outcome. My doctor told me I would live to be 90 years old it would be stupid to let something so completely preventable get me. Make the appointment. Tomorrow, 8:30 AM. Bombs away. So it was a really weird feeling being restricted to clear liquids today when yesterday I ran 19 miles, twice around Water Fall Glenn, and was strangely not hungry all day. I reckon it was because I consumed two nearly full CamelBacks of Gatoraide. And now I suck more down with a saturating solution of polyethylene glycol. yeow. It was a great day. New Hurricane 9s, I felt positive. I visualized running erect, not dropping my head, pressing forward from my hips-- and as we were 2/3rds around lap one I pictured myself in the same spot on the next loop when I would be close to finishing. Usually where I blow up-- 15-16 miles. Somehow it worked. We ran one mile then walked 2 minutes, all the way to 17. Then steve had to walk it in. His longest previous run was 13, since Grandmas and he wasn't really up for more than 15. But I am programed to have run a 20 miler this weekend, and figure that 2x around WFG is 19miles plus on rolling hills. Fabulous run. The last 1.5 miles when I took it in alone, I picked up the pace, plugged into the visual and pumped my arms with a slight sway in my hips to help me track my feet in single file. No real heel lift, but circularizing my knees felt comfortable, but too fatiguing. The only pain I experienced was in my ilalposas which tightened up around 4 miles on the long uphill. I ran through it and at the 1/2 rest I stretched it and it seemed to help. We ate one Cliff Shot Blocks at each mile or so. the big difference between us was that I was carrying my CamelBack and Steve just carried a single bottle. As I sucked down the Gatoraide today I calculate that I consumed ~750 calories worth of the stuff on my run. No wonder I was not hungry. I had a milkshake and then barbeque salmon for dinner. yum. So maybe the reason it is taking so long to start is because I am empty. Just like when we did Owens Putnam 50 miler, the chicken broth at the half way point, mile 8 of the three loop course. Nothing ever tasted so good and I was a vegetarian! Today the chicken noodle soup sans chicken and noodles is sustaining me. Actually not having to work tomorrow and having such a weird day today will aide in my recovery from the 3:43 minutes it took me to go 19. OK, bombs away, the verdict is being deliverd.

No comments: