Friday, June 1, 2007

May totals, a surge in bike riding

June 1st, the official start to meterological summer and hurricane season. It has seemed like summer here now for a while and we all know summer does not commence until the Solstice dawns bright on the 21st. The 1st of the month brings a brief review of the month which has just passed. I was on the treadmill this morning in the gym after my ride in, a bit of a tune up prior t the Run for the Roses on Sunday. Legs feel great no damage or trauma post 19 miles last Saturday, though I have only ridden my bike since. It was a spiffy run and I had some pleasant company on the adjacent treadmill, comrades in drudgery. I did a quick mile and then some Pilates. Feeling good! While I was on the mill listening to Dick's Pick 25, a stellar rendition of Cassidy, which lasted more than a mile, CNN captions were scrolling across the TV screen. May-- 122 US troops killed in Iraq, 1920 Iraqi Civilians-- clearly the surge is working! Mission accomplished! More billions and billions of dollars for a president who cares more for the health and welfare of Iraqis than Americans, and is doing more to destroy their country than they could possibly ever hope for. Appropriate to consider 40 years ago today, Sargent Pepper came to play and it was the dawn of the Summer of Love. And the Viet Nam war was raging on. We need more Pepper, more love, and NO WAR! Endless War--> End THIS war. enough is enough. We elected a new Congress to get us out. perhaps it will take getting nimrod out of office to regain our purchase on sanity. America has become the most despised and disrespected country in the world with W at the helm. Think of all of the horrific things which have happened on his watch. Enough! The left will rise again and throw that idiot and all of his handlers and cronies out on their butts, back to the sticks of Texas where they belong. Apologies to the Lone Star State.

May found me riding my bike to work everyday except one. A notable accomplishment for me if I do say so. I dropped some weight too. Too bad my Pilates class has ended, I was on a roll. Now I have to retool and adapt to the AM routine. Based on the positive atmosphere in the gym today, it was most encouraging and entices me to go back to the routine of ride to work then hit the treadmill. My challenge then is to stay awake all day. 7 AM to 5 PM work day abbreviated by an hour in the gym. OK, 8 to 5, I guess I can slide by. speaking of work...

No comments: